October 10, 2009

Moroccan Shish Kabob

We will finish up our foray into Moroccan cuisine with a vegetarian shish kabob. Almost everyone has heard of shish kabobs. This is a common street food in Morocco, and I bet the aroma of the grilled meat and spices wafting about the streets is wonderful. But I wanted to try a vegetarian version, and I think I'm pretty close.

This recipe makes use of those lovely soya wadi chunks which I introduced in this article. Because the wadi is a bit small, I thought it would be futile to thread them on skewers, so I fried them in a skillet. The result was pretty darn good. I served these over rice, but they can also be tucked into a pita, or you can stick toothpicks in them and treat them like an appetizer.


Wadi Shish Kabobs


Ingredients

1 small onion, grated
½ t salt
1 c soya wadi
1 c beef broth
juice of 1 lemon
2 t ground cumin
2 t paprika
2 T dried parsley
black pepper

2 T olive oil

Steps


1. Place all the ingredients except olive oil into a pressure cooker, lock the lid in place, and bring to high pressure. Maintain high pressure for 10 minutes. Release pressure naturally.

2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. When hot, transfer the contents of the pressure cooker and cook until the wadi starts to brown. Serve over rice or on flatbreads.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am soooo making these tonight. Thanks for posting your recipe.
    And your Weimie is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete